Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Please read through these Terms carefully before placing an order, as they contain legal information. The Terms apply to the use of www.shopbeds.co.uk (our site), thus placing an Order through our site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions which are set out below. Your acceptance of the Website Terms is given when you use www.shopbeds.co.uk as well as when you complete a transaction.
As part of copyright laws, you may not download, copy, re-use, re-distribute any of the information, including text or images, which are on our site, other than for personal use only (as a customer).
Shop Beds has the right to refuse to serve to an individual or a company.
As much of the furniture at Shop Beds is handmade using reclaimed aged wood, please note there may be slight differences within the final measurements delivered to you. Please allow for +/- 10mm variance on all furniture ordered through us. If precise measurements are required, please contact us directly, see contact details on the website. Please also allow for some slight difference in shading from what is seen on our website. Images on our website do not 100% represent the colour/shade that is delivered. This is due to variances in wood and finish due to the nature of reclaimed wood and traditional hand finishing techniques. Also as images may vary from one interface to the other.
You are responsible for checking that all the details of your order are correct and suitable for your requirements including measurements, dimensions, product features, access and delivery. If we attempt to make a delivery and cannot access the room of choice due to size restrictions then a delivery charge will be applicable to you.
When ordering multiple items of Goods, we would also recommend you check your colour requests (finishes) to ensure they match (if necessary).
We will confirm all your order details in writing, usually within 2 business days of your order being placed (business days do not include Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday Monday or UK national holidays). We will send an email confirmation of dispatch when your Goods are ready for delivery.
If you order a standard-sized item, you may cancel your order without incurring any costs at any time prior to delivery as long as the items have not been dispatched for delivery. If the item has been dispatched you will not be able to cancel the order. You will however be ale to return standard items as long as this is within the terms of our returns policy below.
If you wish to cancel a bespoke (made to order) item of furniture, you may do so at any time up to 24 hours after you have placed your order by contacting us in writing at email@example.com
In the event that we are unable to source the materials requested within your Order, we will contact you through the details you have provided us, and discuss any change to your order, at which point we reserve the right to cancel your Order in full or part.
Items must be returned in perfect condition and in their original, undamaged packaging. Any item returned must not have been assembled, installed, used, or modified. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. We are not responsible for return postage or packages that do not reach us, unless Modish Living organise the delivery through our (Modish Living) own drivers.
You are under no obligation to use our drivers, however should you need us to book a collection on your behalf, then you will need to confirm this in writing to us. If we agree to a return, you should make sure you leave the Products well packaged in a place where our drivers can collect them. Under no circumstances should the Products be used prior to collection. Should you fail to comply with these obligations, then we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
In the even of you (the customer) organising a return of a product, please note our Storage Address may on occasions change, depending on the item. We therefore offer the storage address by writing, within 7 days notice of receiving your email about returning a product.
We have the right to cancel an order at any time prior to delivery.
Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
You (the customer) will not have the right to receive a refund or an exchange for Bespoke Goods, apart from if there is a defect or a fault with the Goods. Where a defect or fault is deemed as small and can therefore be made good or rectified by Shop Beds, Shop Beds will have the right to make good. Should your Bespoke Goods not be exact in sizing (within 1cm to the measured requirements), you (the customer) will have the right for this to be rectified. You (the customer) will not have the right to cancel the Bespoke Good order, should Shop Beds deem the fault, defect or sizing to be of a small nature, thus can easily be rectified.
If Goods are returned due to a defect or fault (see Delivery Policy for notification of defects).
Shop Beds does not offer refunds on any items delivered overseas.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
- We are registered as Data Controller in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You may visit this website and access the public information while remaining anonymous and not revealing any personal information.
- If you wish to make an online purchase from us, then you will be required to provide certain personal information as a prerequisite of being able to place an order. We will only ask you for as much information as we need to process your order and perform the Contract. That information will be:
- Retained by us for as long as it is needed to perform the Contract; and
- Kept secure in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We shall not transfer any of your information outside of the European Economic Union.
- You may contact us at any time for access to your information in order to ensure that the information is correct and up to date.
- At the time of placing your Order you give your consent to us to contact you by electronic mail in relation to the supply of the Goods.
- When placing an order you have the opportunity to specifically allow us to provide you with details of products which we consider to be of interest to you by ticking a corresponding box. If you do not give your consent, then we will not send you any such information. If at ant time you wish to withdraw your consent, you should notify us immediately in writing.
- In accordance with our security policy, we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that:
- Our ordering system is on a secure server and is encrypted to prevent any security breach;
- Any information you send to us (personal information or credit card details) is kept secure and cannot be intercepted by a third party; and
- Any equipment at our business address is kept secure to avoid any tampering or unauthorised use of your information.
*Next day delivery on mattresses only applies for rolled mattresses ordered before 11 am.
Any offer can not be used in conjuction with another offer e.g. 10% discount doesn't apply to our promotional/sale items.